11/18/2008

My Over-Night Express from Mumbai to Chennai, Mumbai Station India Jun 2006

Travelling by train for 26 hours from West Coast to East Coast!
If my memory is right I paid only about US$50 for the train which is extremely cheap.
I got a bed out of 4 bed compartmental section.

The route traverseed exactly middle of India amid extremely hot dry season.
I would never forget the beautiful twilight while train was running with maximum speed.
And I would never forget the wild wind-wirl against myself while one of my hands grabbing the handle of train and the other one for camera and half of my body got out of the train for better shots..

The travel was really wonderful to feel the wonderland of India of its vastness and its difference though it's just a little bit of 26 hours only...

I found my name on the Passenger List and it was a kind of different feeling to have my name glued on the outside of the train. ^,^


The Chennai Mumbai Express is an Indian Railways train that travels between Chennai Central and Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai, India. It travels at around 80-90 km/h. As per the numbering, this train is numbered 1041 for the Mumbai-Chennai run and 1042 for the Chennai-Mumbai run. Previously, before being transferred to Central Railway, the train was with Southern Railway, with the numbers 6011 and 6012. Nowadays there is super fast train between Dadar (Mumbai) and Chennai which takes roughly 23 hours and 30 minutes for the journey of 1,271 kilometres.

No comments:

Post a Comment