2/20/2009

少薄爆粥 A Firework.. Humble but Pretty, Victoria Day Riverdale Park Toronto May 24 2008


Victoria Day is a Canadian statutory holiday celebrated on the last Monday before or on May 24 in honour of both Queen Victoria's birthday and the current reigning Canadian sovereign's birthday.
Last May in Victoria Day people said there would be big firework around CN tower at 10 in the night so I was waiting at the park of excellent vista point where I could oversee the whole area around CN Tower in the downtown with all the required things ready for night shots. Seriously.. I attached my Olympus on top of Manfrotto tripod which is best in breeds and set ISO number as finest one and checked & optimized exposure time for best night shot. Holding remote controller in one hand and keeping watching around CN tower I'd been waiting almost 30 minutes after 10. But nothing happened. Nobody in the park. Silence.. and silence..
Then suddenly after something bizarre sound of --zzz-zzz---, I had a very small but very pretty fireworks. Couple of people in the dark in the middle of the park started celebrating the day with handful set of fire sticks. It wasn't bad at all. Though not lasted long, I enjoyed the decent firework much without anybody, only with tiny stars above..

No comments:

Post a Comment